Thursday, September 4, 2008

Guess what?...QIK and Kyte service meets my requirement for video streaming from my 'perfect' cell phone...Great!!

See for your self....and here... these new services...Even subscribe easily.

I find 'crowd-sourcing' or amateur journalism a very exciting idea enabled by this new service.

More cellphones include video cameras. Streaming live video of current events to web sites for the friends or the rest of the world to view seems to me the ultimate in personal communication and citizen vigilance.

Of course, I recognize the opportunity for abuse and the loss of privacy in this vigilance thing...vigilantism is easily foreseeable...but the injustices in the world... which might be reduced, if exposed to the world...maybe the risk is worth the reward and a gain may be worth the effort to devise successful means of protecting individual privacy.

No comments: